The Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) was established in 2006 as and International Labour Organization convention in order to set out seafarers’ rights to decent conditions of work. It applies to all seafarers, including those with jobs in hotel and other passenger services on cruise ships and commercial yachts.
MLC verification audit on board
We can attend any type of ship or vessel, to carry out MLC verification audits.
The MLC Convention covers the following areas:
- Minimum requirements for seafarers to work on a ship
- Conditions of employment
- Accommodation, recreational facilities, food and catering
- Health protection, medical care, welfare and social security protection
- Compliance and enforcement
We offer MLC verification audits services locally – based, so operators can save travel expenses to their in-house auditors. We can audit the system following our own procedures or can adapt to the operator’s audit procedures, guidelines and templates.
ISM Internal Audits can be carried out in the following Spanish ports: Valencia, Sagunto, Castellón, Gandia, Alicante, Tarragona, Barcelona, Cartagena and nearby ports.
Purpose of MLC verification audits
With on board ISM Internal Audits, we verify:
- System effectiveness
- Compliance with instructions
- Process interfaces and interactions
- Compliance with rules and regulations
And we identify:
- Potential risks and failures
- Possible improvements
- Needs of motivation, communication and training.
Harmonised Internal Audits
- Reduction of frequecncy of audits
- Effective utilisation of time and personel resources
- Minimising operational disturbance
- Better acceptance by ship’s staff