Marine Surveyor – Ship Inspections and Audits
Cristian Gutierrez has Master Mariner Certificate of Competency (STCW A-II/2). Marine Surveyor graduated by College of Merchant Marine Officers, and certified as Liberian Flag Nautical Inspector No. 7288.
At University, he gets his Master’s Degree in Maritime Transport (Barcelona School of Nautical Studies – FNB). After University, he continued his training, getting a Master in Marine, Aerial and Land Transport (COMME) and Master in Logistics Operations certified by the Open University of Catalonia (UOC).
His career started at sea, sailing in different types of ships as Deck Officer, including general cargo ships, gas carriers, ferry vessels, ro-pax and container ships. After his seagoing experience, Cristian started to work ashore in a ship-owner company as Ship Operations Manager and in a harbour Pilots company.
He has more than seventeen years of experience working in the Spanish shipping business. He is a hard-worker and experienced ship-person, very used to international crews and enjoying the seamen life. Great analytic, serious and honest, he is a great option for on board jobs that require experience and technical knowledge.
As marine surveyor, he has great experience, especially with ship inspections and ship condition surveys, being in constant training, especially for marine engineering areas. He can also carry out ultrasonic watertight tests for hatch covers and watertight doors.
Cristian is fluent in Spanish, English, Catalan and has knowledge of Italian.
Areas of Expertise
- Ship Condition Surveys
- P&I Clubs ship condition surveys, follow up surveys and warranty surveys
- Flag Inspections and Audits
- On Hire / Off Hire Condition and bunker surveys
- Port State Control (PSC) preparedness on behalf of owners, managers and flag states.
- ISM, ISPS and MLC Audits
- HAZMAT Surveys
- MS&Q Audits.
- Navigational Audits
- Watertight Ultrasonic Tests for hatch covers and watertight doors.
- H&M Insurance Surveys
- Ship pre-purchase surveys
- Ship damage surveys
- Cargo damage surveys
- Charterers ship condition surveys and vettings
- Casualty investigations
- COMME – Colegio de Oficiales de la Marina Mercante Española (Spanish College of Merchant Marine Officers)
- IIMS – Full member of International Institute of Marine Surveying (UK)